In 3rd Grade at SPES, we have been learning about a Famous American each week. The students research each Famous American, and then they have the choice of projects to present the information they found. One of the choices is making a Who am I Voki.
What is Voki?
Voki enables users to express themselves on the web using a talking character. You can customize your Voki to look like you or take on the identity of lots of other types of characters… animals, monsters, anime etc.
Here’s the steps we went through to complete the product:
1. Students research a historical figure reading print resources or internet websites.
2. Students create a short and concise summary of their Famous American focusing on important information but DO NOT state the figure’s name.
4. Students then enter their synopsis onto their own Voki.
5. Each student then presents their historical figure from the class blog after embedding the code into a new post.
6. The rest of the class has to guess which historical figure is being presented.
An example can be found at Mr. Hart’s Class Blog