Now that Mother Nature has calmed down, and we are well into the new school year, it’s time to start thinking about Henrico21 lesson submissions for the 2011-2012 school year. There are quite a few changes that have been made to the process for this year including the deadlines. I will highlight the changes below, but always review the Henrico21 web site to make sure you are familiar with all of the rules and regulations for submission.
- The Henrico21 web site has a whole new look having been created using a blog interface. Many, many new lesson plans have been added from last year’s submissions. This change is to the reader’s advantage as you can now search the lessons based on several categories.
- The TIP chart has been revised and simplified.
- This year’s focus will be on quality, daily instruction. Lesson plans should be 150 minutes or less and should emphasize one strand of the TIP Chart. Projects longer than 150 minutes will be evaluated in a separate category and should emphasize all strands of the TIP Chart.
The submission time line for this year is much earlier:
- August 29-September 2, 2011 – Recommended window to introduce H21 site, process, and TIP Chart
- September 30, 2011 – school selects and norms an internal review team
- Jan 20, 2012 – all lessons to be considered for district H21 recognition have been posted and tagged for district review
- Feb 15, 2012 – district review team makes final decision
- Feb 22, 2012 – award winners are notified via email
- March 28, 2012 – Henrico 21 Awards Ceremony